The Watling Way encompasses the values, behaviours and learning dispositions we expect of all members of our school community.
The children are taught about the meaning of each of the separate values and given opportunities and encouragement to demonstrate them throughout the school day and beyond.
These key values and messages will be reinforced in the following ways:
- by being prominently displayed around the school
- through consistent modelling and promotion of the values by all members of the school community
- through our curriculum offer and the way in which it is taught
- by defining the themes for class, year group and whole school assemblies
- through recognition and praise of demonstrating any of the values, both in and outside of school
- through celebration of achievements linked to the values in our Watling Star’s assemblies